Children’s Online Privacy Notice
Who Operates This Website?
Parc Ventures, Inc.
845 Cordova Street,
Pasadena, CA 91101
The last update to our Privacy Notice was posted on 10/20/2020.
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) requires us to inform parents or legal guardians about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information from children under the age of 13. COPPA also requires that we get consent from parents or legal guardians before we allow children under the age of 13 to use and interact with some sections, applications, and activities on our website. We offer users a number of activities, some of which are directed at children under the age of 13.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requires us to inform parents or legal guardians about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information from children under the age of 16 in some member countries of the European Union. The GDPR also requires that we get consent from parents or legal guardians before we allow children to use and interact with some sections, applications, and activities on our website.
Verifiable Parental Consent
Should we want to collect personal information from a child, COPPA and the GDPR requires that we first obtain a parent or legal guardian’s consent. In an email (or other approved method) sent to the parent or legal guardian, we will describe what information we would like
to collect, how we propose to use it, how the parent can offer and cancel consent. If we do not obtain consent from the parent within a reasonable timeframe, we will remove the child and parent information collected with the request.
Teacher Consent in Replace of a Parent
For school-based activities, school administrators and teachers are allowed to act on behalf of the parents to give consent when collecting personal information from children. Teachers and school administrators should always inform parents when collecting personal information from children on their behalf.
Information We Collect From Children, How We Use It, and Parental Rights
Children can be registered with our website to use our software, online applications, view content, receive emails, and engage in other activities. By doing so we may collect information from a child’s parent or guardian. When we collect personal information about a child, we will hold that information only as long as reasonably necessary to allow the child to continue to use and interact with our website.
During the registration process, we may ask a parent or guardian to give us information about their child. This information includes a child’s name, birth date, gender, username, account name, password, and the parent or legal guardian’s email address and other contact information.
To comply with COPPA requirements, on our website where we ask for the age of a user who is under the age of 13 and under 16 where the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies in the European Union, we will ask for their parent, legal guardian, or teacher’s email address before we collect any personal information from a child under these ages. If you think that your child is involved in an activity that collects personal information and you or another parent or legal guardian has not received a request for consent to collect such information, please contact us using the contact information at the top of this page.
Automatic Information Collected and Persistent Identifiers
When children interact with our website and services, specific information may automatically be collected. We collect this information to make our website and services useful to children and parents. We also use this information for internal business purposes, including improving our website and services. Some examples of this type of information include the child’s IP address, mobile device identifier, type of web browser, type of operating system, the online service provider used, and the regularity with which the child visits different parts of our website.
This data and information are collected using online technologies such as cookies, web beacons, and other unique identifiers that are explained in the “Information We Collect and How We Collect It” section of our regular website Privacy Notice. This information and data
may be collected by our website or by a third party.
How We Use Collected Information
This information and data are primarily used for our own purposes in order to:
- Let members and children access and use features of our website
- Improve the features and usability of our website
- Let us analyze data to see how our website is performing
- Email notifications to users and children
- To show potential clients and others how our website and services works
We will not share a child’s personal information with other individuals or companies except in limited situations, including the following:
- When other companies perform services for us, like customer support, email services, delivery services, call centers, data management services, help desk providers, law firms, payment processors, accountants, and shopping cart providers; however, these companies are prohibited from using a child’s personal information for purposes other than those requested by us or required by law
- Disclosing a child’s personal information if required or permitted by law, for example, in response to a subpoena, law enforcement, court order, or public agency’s request
- To protect the safety of a child
- To safeguard the security of our website and companies that provide services for us.
- To show others how our website and services work
As a parent or legal guardian you have the following rights regarding your child’s use of our website:
- To review the personal information we collected from your child
- To revoke the consent to use or further collect your child’s personal information
- To request that your child’s personal information be changed or deleted
- To allow the collection and use of your child’s information, but not allow disclosure to
third parties unless it is part of our service
- To send you a new notice and get your consent if we make changes to the collection,
use, or disclosure practices to which you previously agreed
Parents can exercise their rights shown directly above by contacting us using the contact information at the top of this page.
Copyright © This Privacy Notice is protected under the United States and foreign copyrights. The copying, redistribution, use, or publication by you, is strictly prohibited.