Looking for the perfect way to get in the wintry spirit while staying warm indoors? Try any of these five hands-on crafts to have some fun with the whole family! They’re super simple and can even make great decorations around your home!
1. Salty Snowflake
-White Construction Paper
-White and/or Silver Glitter
- On your construction paper, draw the outline of a snowflake.
- Next, trace the outline with your glue.
- Before the glue dries, sprinkle your salt and/or glitter over it. Once dry, marvel at your salty snowflake!
2. Splat Penguin
-Black and Orange Construction Paper
-White Liquid Glue
- On your black construction paper, drip a substantial amount of white glue in the middle.
- Carefully fold the paper in half and then unfold it.
- Cut out an orange paper beak and two feet and add to your penguin. Don’t forget to place the googly eyes either!
3. Beaded Icicles
-Blue Pipe Cleaners
-Pen or Pencil
-Small Blue or Silver Beads
- Weave the pipe cleaner around a pen or pencil so it forms into a spiral shape.
- Next, string the plastic beads over the pipe cleaner to make your very own winter icicles!
4. Winter Tree Suncatcher
-Brown Construction Paper
-Clear Contact Paper
- Cut the brown construction into small strips to form a tree.
- Glue the strips onto clear contact paper.
- Add some cotton balls around the tree to create a snowy scene that’s perfect to place in a window!
5. Sticker Snowman
-Blue and Orange Construction Paper
-White Circle Stickers
-Small Piece of Fabric
- Place your white circle stickers in the shape of a snowman on the blue construction paper.
- Glue the buttons to give your snowman eyes, cut a beak from the orange construction paper, and make a scarf with the fabric piece. Feel free to add anything else as well!
Does your little one want to try some more awesome activities? Our Live Online Classes provide engaging, educational, hands-on fun and are taught by our incredible BümoTeachers! With over 30+ classes to choose from, your child can try ones like Sticky STEM, Readers Theater, Butterfly Ballet, Movers and Shakers, Math Wizardry, and many more!