Types of Information Collected
Parc may ask you for some or all of the following types of information when you register for our App, the Platform, or other Services, access various content or features, or directly contact the site: (i) contact information, such as your email address and name; (ii) your age; and (iii) information for the purpose of authenticating yourself or your account if we have reason to believe, in our sole discretion, that you may be violating site policies or for any other reason we deem necessary (collectively “Personal Information”). We do not collect any Personal Information from you when you use the Site, App, Platform or Services unless you provide it voluntarily. You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of all Personal Information you submit to Parc.
We also collect and store the Personal Information you voluntarily submit to us through registering with us or uploading or posting User Content through the Site, or Services. If you are signed into your Tumblr, Twitter or Facebook account and you “like” or “comment” on Parc’s or other User Content, your Tumblr, Twitter or Facebook username will be displayed and so available to the public. You agree that your username, likes, feedback, and any associated comments may become public information; we therefore urge you to exercise caution when deciding to disclose any Personal Information on the Site or through the Services.
In addition, if you choose to purchase or subscribe to a feature or Services of Parc that requires a Fee, you will be required to provide us with your billing information, including, without limitation, bank account numbers, credit card or debit card numbers, account details, and similar data (collectively, “Billing Information”).
Parc may collect additional information that you provide to Parc voluntarily through the Platform, such as household income range, personal interests, and any of your product or service preferences (“Other Information”).
Information Collected Automatically. We automatically receive and collect information such as your IP address, the URLs of websites you arrive at Parc from or leave Parc to go to, your type of browser and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us, your operating system, your mobile provider, your mobile device, and your ISP. We may use such information to better understand how Parc visitors use the Site, and the Platform, to analyze trends, administer the website, prevent fraud, and gather broad demographic information.
Our Use of Your Information
Our primary purpose in collecting information, both Personal Information and any other information, is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. You agree that we may use your information to: provide the Services and customer support you request; troubleshoot problems and prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities; customize, measure and improve our Site, the Platform, our Services, content and advertising; tell you about and administer our Site, Platform, or Services, targeted marketing, service updates, contests, sweepstakes, rewards, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences; monitor and enforce our Terms of Service; communicate with Users about third-party products and/or services you may be interested in; verify your eligibility to use the Site, or the Platform.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
Parc is committed to maintaining your trust and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share information collected about you. We may disclose Personal Information, Billing Information and Non-Personal Information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We may also use and/or share your Personal Information, Billing Information and Non-Personal Information with, and you authorize us to use and/or share this information with:
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations. We employ these companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products and services to you.
- Certain of Parc’s program participants under confidentiality agreement, as we in our sole discretion believe necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity.
- Our affiliates and promotional partners, so they can offer you special products, services, discounts, tickets, and other items or services. Likewise, we may receive information from such affiliates and promotional partners to offer our Users special items or services.
- We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising.
- We may sell or rent your information to third parties for marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our Users, we may analyze certain Non-Personal Information in anonymized and aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Site, the Platform, the Services and/or such products and services. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share and/or license this aggregate data to our affiliates, agents, business and promotional partners and other third parties. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe the Services and these products and services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- We may share some or all of your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us or participate in our ad-customization programs, simply indicate your preference or by following the directions provided with the communication or advertisement.
No Spam or Spyware
We do not tolerate spam. Spamming is explicitly prohibited by our Terms of Service. If you would like to report an incident of spamming or other unauthorized communications from other Users or Instructors, please contact us at email@example.com We maintain the right to investigate such incidents and take suitable action.
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect your information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Nevertheless, no transmission over the Internet and no data storage method can be guaranteed to be safe 100% of the time. Parc cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Parc or guarantee that your end user data stored on www.bumobrain.com, the Platform, or the Services may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our industry standard physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. In particular, e-mail sent to us may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
The Site and the Platform are hosted on servers in the United States. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By providing us with any information, you consent to its transfer and storage in the United States.
We may use your email to deliver Parc’s weekly newsletter, as well as for other promotional purposes. Email messages we send you may contain code that enables our database to track your usage of the emails we send you, such usage includes whether the email was opened and what links (if any) were clicked. If you send an email to us, or fill out our “Feedback” form, we will collect your email address and the full content of your email, including attached files, and other information you provide.
You may indicate your preference to opt out of receiving promotional communications by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the promotional email you receive or by contacting us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. You acknowledge that it may take up to 10 days for us to process an opt-out request. Please note, however, that you cannot opt out of receiving transactional e-mails related to your account with us.
SMS Terms of Service
- When you opt-in to the service, we will send you an SMS message to confirm your signup.
- You can cancel this service at any time. Just text “STOP” to the SMS message. After you send the message “STOP” to us, we will send you a reply message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive messages from us. If you want to join again, just sign up as you did the first time and we will start sending messages to you again.
- If at any time you forget what keywords are supported, just text “HELP” to the SMS message received. After you send the message “HELP” to us, we will respond with instructions on how to use our service as well as how to unsubscribe.
- We are able to deliver messages to the following mobile phone carriers:
- Major Carriers: AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile
- Minor Carriers: U.S. Cellular, Boost Mobile, MetroPCS, Virgin Mobile, Alaska Communications Systems (ACS), Appalachian Wireless (EKN), Bluegrass Cellular, Cellular One of East Central, IL (ECIT), Cellular One of Northeast Pennsylvania, Cricket, Coral Wireless (Mobi PCS), COX, Cross, Element Mobile (Flat Wireless), Epic Touch (Elkhart Telephone), GCI, Golden State, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW Missouri), Illinois Valley Cellular, Inland Cellular, iWireless (Iowa Wireless), Keystone Wireless (Immix Wireless/PC Man), Mosaic (Consolidated or CTC Telecom), Nex-Tech Wireless, NTelos, Panhandle Communications, Pioneer, Plateau (Texas RSA 3 Ltd), Revol, RINA, Simmetry (TMP Corporation), Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United Wireless, Viaero Wireless, and West Central (WCC or 5 Star Wireless).
- As always, Message and Data Rates May Apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider. For all questions about the services provided by this short code, you can send an email to email@example.com.
Except as otherwise expressly included in this Policy, this document addresses only the use and disclosure of information we collect from you. If you disclose your information to others Users or Instructors on the Platform, our Site or on other sites throughout the internet, different rules may apply to their use or disclosure of the information you disclose to them. We do not control the privacy policies of third parties, and you are subject to the privacy policies of those third parties where applicable. We are not responsible for any information we do not collect. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose your Personal Information or Other Information to others.
NOTE THAT INSTRUCTORS ARE THIRD PARTIES AND NOT EMPLOYEES OF Parc, AND AS SUCH, Parc is not in control of any information that you voluntarily provide to Instructors, and any such provision of information to Instructors will be governed by any agreements entered into by you with such Instructor.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits residents of the State of California to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: 845 Cordova Street, Pasadena, California 91101.
In addition, Parc does not monitor, recognize, or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
Changes to this Policy